Saturday, August 29, 2015

Finishing Off Week 3: New Car, The Next Week of Conferences, & Insights on Yuma.

The New Car:

So I am now an owner of my first car...In that, I have had a bittersweet moment giving up the van.  The van of many-a names.  Mabel from the parents, Manvan by some, Partyvan, Swag-wagon (Swag-wag for short), and many other names too that I don't quite remember.  In the moments of remembering my van, it's not so much the van I remember and feel emotions about, but the countless adventures that this vehicle has been the carrier to...

-Whether the time camping and the lights were left on and the battery died, 
-or the time we drove all night blasting music while burning incense in the back (nothing was smoked while we did this, we just liked the incense smell), 
-or the times it has taken me up north, to the lake with a canoe on top for fishing.  
-The adventures to Duluth for camping, 
-The time at Minnehaha Falls, and the window was broken into,
-The first time I've driven at 100mph (yes, my van did it!), 
-the time it was used for my cabin while I got hit on the head with a giant log (thanks Thomas) and then the battery died in the hospital parking lot, 
-Countless late night Tacobell runs,
-even the family road trips to the west coast, Indiana, or the cabin...This van has brought me to many places.

Glass from the break in,

Almost lost the Canoe!

The Woods

There are many fond memories that I've had within this vehicle.  It's even been to San Diego here, or to the mountains of Yuma and California...It's had it's final adventure here to AZ.  Nottosay I don't like my new car, I've just been having many nostalgic thoughts about all the things done.  The van was a chapter of my life that was full of freedom and adventures...It was what I used at college.  Even though those feelings and memories are found, and I am reminded of many friends in fun trips, the "spirit" of this vehicle...A spirit of adventure, that will carry on through the next vehicles I have...These adventures will just be limited to 5 people instead of 7...(Sorry extra 2 people who don't make the cut!)

Anyways, this blog entry just got deep.

 As it was (in theory) hard to give up this van forever...The lack of AC, consistent dinging as a warning of the overheated engine, and lack of steering wheel fluid made it easy to turn it in for the new car!

The new ride...

2013 Ford Fiesta.


For you Minne-soOta (stressin' the O) Teachers:

Appreciate that your year is probably about to begin...I am getting ready for the first round of parent teacher conferences.  So yes.  A lot of work is ahead for me!  But it will end with a nice long weekend after for Labor Day!  

The Insights on Yuma:

This is another thought on Yuma and what I have seen so far...Yuma is a place that many people go to for new opportunities and occupations.  Teaching positions specifically bring many young 20-somethings here.  I say this because I run into many people fresh out of college here without any connections other than their job.  It's an interesting balance of teachers, military, or locals who've always lived here known as Yumens.  Anyways, just something I've noticed and find interesting.  THere's also apparently a lot of older folk who come here in the winter months for cheap, warm places to live.  These folk are known as Snowbirds...They haven't made it yet, but it will change the area I reckon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment