Saturday, August 22, 2015

This Week! (Sorry about the length of time between posts)

SORRY

Sorry it took so long to post again!  This week was pretty busy.  Last weekend was really fun, which meant not much planning was done so I was really taking it a day at a time.  Upon that, I was also needing to contact each parent with positives regarding their students.  So with both of these factored in, it was a very busy week! But here's some of the highlights, struggles, and other things I mention about this week! 

Found a Gecko! 

So Tuesday morning I was leaving the house, and the moment I opened the door, a creature scurried inside.  Now, knowing the set up of my apartment (and the lack therefore of light) I couldn't really see besides a darker mass moving into my house.  I enjoy animals (you know, science!) so I'm one to know basic movements of animals and this one had a unique like shuffle to its step.  Once when I finally got my iPhone light on to see, I saw it was a little Gecko that you (or should I say, I) always wanted at the pet stores.  So I caught it and threw it out.  After all this, I said to myself "self...You should blog about this!" Then I realized I didn't take a picture of it *facepalm* so here's a picture that looks semi like it....


Just kidding... Like this:
Bonus hat to show classiness of this lizard.


The Candle Fail (and then some!)

So there has been an ongoing battle to make my house smell like not smoke.  I've used Glade but that only masked it.  So I tried a candle.  It smells good when I'm there, but doesn't kill the smell.  But I used candles whenever I am at the apartment, so in the morning on Wednesday I was using a candle (flavor was rustic woods I believe) and I left quickly after my breakfast.  I came home and saw my candle was still going....It went all the way down from a one time use.  Whoops.  I thought that things could have been worse if it started a fire and the whole building burned down....Not sure if I am a optimist or pessimist with that kind of thinking...Worst of all, the house still smelled like smoke.  It smelled like I was camping in a rustic woods with someone smoking...
Fail candle.
After I blew out the candle and facepalmed myself, I then went into the kitchen and saw I left one of the burners on my stove on all day!  Double facepalm!!!  Wednesday seemed like the day I subliminally wanted to burn things...Anyways, not looking forward to my next electric bill.  


House Vapors

SO the battle of smells still continues.  If you are keeping up with this blog, I went to an essential oil party and purchased some oils that were intended to kill smells.  I have it all going and it seems to actually be working!  Even if it doesn't it solves some of my light issues and this random desire to go to a light party all at the same time. (That's what I call a triple kill...So many birds with one stone! [Sorry Erik if this idiom offends you...switch "birds" with "hawks" and that makes it okay!! :P  ]) 
Light show, smelling thing, & oils. 

This.

Last thing.  I was given this by a student.

The individual gave it to me and was so excited...He was saying "look Mr. Klemme it's an origami snake I made for you!"  He seemed so excited so I praised him and thanked him, not knowing if he actually put some time and effort into this...In reality, he didn't.  He even said afterwards that he just mashed up some paper then saw it looked semi like a snake and wanted to give it to me.  So funny.  3rd graders are hilarious. 
Almost nailed it...


3 comments:

  1. Free pets… what more could one want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for getting essential oils!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah! I thought of you all when I got them :). It makes the apartment more smeller-friendly! (if that's a phrase!)

      Delete