Friday, September 4, 2015

Conference Week!

Risking Crazy:

The Church I've been going to has had a series called "Risking Crazy" and so I have a story from doing things that are considered..."crazy."  One thing that I've found that I have been thinking a lot more about here living on my own is money.  Money has never really been something I've needed to deal with on a daily basis.  Sure, I would buy stuff and think and consider how I should spend my money, but with trying to live on my own, everything has a price tag on it.  In that, I have not been able to give as much money to the Lord's work.  What I mean by that is tithing.  Now, I find that tithing isn't something that just goes to church, but to places of need.  In this thought, I've had this pressing on my heart to use $300 to help homeless individuals around the Yuma area.  I pass many homeless people around Walmart and stores close to me, so it was something that would be easy for me to do.  In that, I felt I should get gift cards to places with food (compared to straight up cash).  So the place I felt I should go was a Subway...Now, Subway I'm sure gets some interesting orders, but I would bet they don't get many customers asking for $300 of gift cards!  Let's be real, no one likes subway that much.  I purchased 6 $50 gift cards to give out.  This was something that was hard to do simply because it was a very odd request, and a decent sum of money for me.  The same day that I sheepishly purchased those cards I decided to go on a bike ride.  I started going out and I realized I didn't have one of those cards.  I felt that I should take one of those cards just in case I saw a homeless person.  Less than two blocks later, I ran into a homeless man.  He was very surprised at the amount, and very grateful for the food.  It was something that I am glad I was able to be used to do in order to bless someone else.  I am going to continue to look and give out those other 5 cards when there are others I see in need.  

Conference Week:

So this week I had what we called "Goal setting conferences."  They were meeting up with parents in order to set goals for their students that year.  So first conferences of my career DONE!  Not as bad as our mock conferences we had in one of our classes at Crown (but in college roleplaying, who wouldn't want to be that more over the top mom or dad?)  Anyways, I am very blessed to have so many kind and understanding families working within my classroom.  I look forward to seeing them and working with their students!

Future Plans (#LABORDAYWEEKEND): 

Labor Day Weekend is here!  It has been a very exciting thing to look forward to!  My friend group from Crown is planning on going to San Diego for Saturday and Sunday!  It should be a very fun time!  I know I am looking forward to it, and you should be too for the exciting blog posts!  :)

1 comment: