Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Open House & The Struggle of Food

Open House:

So open house was amazing!  So many great students and families!  It was so much fun to meet almost the entire class!  I even had a student bring in flowers for me!  A very kind gesture, and a great change of foliage from the typical cacti seen around Yuma.  It was very fun.  I am thrilled to have such a great class, and looking forward to the first day on Thursday!  Tomorrow (which is Wednesday) is the first day of Kinder, so I get the honor of helping out and hanging out with some fantastic kind kindergarten students!  It will be a joy to see our youngest learners at our school!  

The Struggle of Food:

I think this whole blog could be an epic saga of my continual struggle with cooking.  Yesterday I decided to be somewhat lazy (but not completely lazy which is ordering a pizza), and decided to make a can of chicken noodle soup.  This was a cheap discounted Walmart can, but nonetheless it was still simply soup that needed to be warmed up.  So I poured the can out into the pan and I cooked it.  Fairly easy process.  When I started to eat it, however, I noticed that it was surprisingly salty.  Now, because my Dad eats a low sodium diet, I was thinking that I was just used to less salty meals, but it even in that, it was fairly salty.  I ate about two-thirds of it until I could not stand the salt and threw the rest away.  I then checked the can to see how much salt it was. This is what I saw.



So it had around 2,000mg of sodium, and I ate a good amount of it...I discovered the valuable cooking directions of Condensed soup:  add water.  Yeah....Forgot that step. Whoops.  Learned my lesson, and I will read what type of soup I get next time!  

2 comments:

  1. Umm.wow. It's like a sitcom of living on your own for the first time. I saw a heat advisory for Phoenix, which made me think of Arizona, which made me think of you. You may want to stay extra hydrated to counteract all your newfound sodium friends. Stay cool. ~Erik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah pretty much! It's hard man! But I get through...Having a Chick-fil-a 7 minutes away is a lifesaver! And yes, it is very hot. We stand outside (under shade of course) for pick up at the end of the day, so that gets pretty intense. Other than that, I'm in AC and Arizona keeps it COLD. So I'm surviving, just mostly inside!

      Delete