Sunday, August 9, 2015

2nd Day & Telegraph Pass!

2nd Day:

So we had the second day of school happen on Friday.  It was another half day, so it went by quickly but went really well.  There wasn't anything crazy or major that happened, which I will take over something crazy or major happening!  The students were good again, I could tell they were starting to get comfortable here.  Not to say being comfortable is a bad thing, I want everyone to be comfortable, yet they were a bit more testy of the rules.  It was good though!  Got through most of the things I was planning on doing, now it's just about getting the full days in and beginning the MAPs testing next week.

Telegraph Pass: 

So there's been a hiking trail I've wanted to go to for so long, yet never found the correct way until this Saturday.  In Yuma, it is hot.  Fun fact.  So if you are doing hiking / things outside in the summer time, you have to start very early or late when the sun isn't all the way out.  So I left my place at 5am in order to be there at 5:30am to start the hike.  For those of you who have Fitbits and such, I earned a badge for climbing "150 floors." Obviously it wasn't steps actually, but that gives an estimate of how high it was.  It was 15,000 steps which is about 7ish miles or so.  So a good hike!  I have some photos on the top of the mountain, as well as a photo of me and a buddy from my school, Jan.  So yeah, good day, afterwards I took a nap for a good while!  Oh! and exciting news:  I finally purchased a mattress!  I am no longer on an air mattress or futon!  I'm sure I'm more excited about that then you, so to show you in text how excited I am, please reading my all caps "woot" as that depicts my excitement...
...
...
WOOT!









WOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment