Sunday, August 16, 2015

First Week of School!


Random: 

So Google likes my photos.  I am on Google+ and so they made a cool slide shows with some photos with timestamps and locations.  This is one they made for the Trip to Fortuna Foothills and Yuma County.  Feel free to go though and see what Google does with my photos.  I just wish the pics were a bit cooler.  But either way, well played google...A little unsettling on how much info they can access, but it's cool!

First Week: 

Now, first week of school is now completed.  It was good, it was long though.  MAPS testing made instructions easy for the week, most of what I said was "be quiet for those of us who are testing!"  Easy enough.  But days were drawn out without doing things.  So all in all, good, but I am ready to actually start into the curriculum.  A story from this week that was pretty funny was a student at the end of the day recognized a staff member from a previous grade they were in.  This 3rd grader was a very excited and energetic individual and saw her and gave the teacher a hug.  Now, the teacher was an older individual and she was fairly slim as well.  Once when the student hugged her, she came back to the 3rd grade teachers and exclaimed "Ahh, she's sooo skinny that in my hug I felt every one of her bones!"  Yeah...The teacher who received the hug I think was out of earshot of that one, but still...Good ol' tactful 3rd graders! 

Essential Oil Party

So on my 3rd grade team we have a individual who sells essential oils.  So we had a party that had all sorts of essential oils.  We could try them in water, smell them, use them to cure headache and other ailments.  So it was pretty chill.  It was interesting as well, however, because I was (and in general this is true) the only male.  Not to say essential oils are only for women, I would just say they aren't the most "manly" thing to do.  Either way, I got some and will use it on my house.  The one I am most looking forward to (As you all are eager to know) is one called White Fur.  There isn't a specific reason or aspect of it I like other than it smelled really good.  That was pretty much the basis of the night.  There's this key of what they help out with, how to use it, and most of the participants (excluding me and the 5 or 7 year old kids) went based off the usage of it.  I, on the other hand (with the kids) based my purchases off the smells.  
Sidenote:  If you are ever bored and want a terrible human smelling oil, get the cumin essential oil.  It smelled like a nasty person's foot.  It was...Intriguing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment