Thursday, August 6, 2015

First Day(s): Kinder Wednesday & First Day on Thursday!

Kinder on Wednesday:  

So this Wednesday the whole DVA staff help out at kinder for their first day of school.  Lets just say, I am glad to be in 3rd grade!  They are very sweet people, but so young!  There's a lot to teach them about being....A human!  It takes a lot of patience to be a kinder teacher, so mad props to all of them!  

First Day on Thursday:

SO today was the big day!  First day of school!  Woot!  It went very, very well!  It was great to finally see everyone in class and it went by very quickly and, for the most part, smooth.  We essentially went through the rules and management of our class, so it was very laid back and fun to meet everyone.  We have something called the "complement monster" where if we get complemented by someone else, whether a single student, group of students, or the whole class, it will "eat" a ping pong ball with that student(s) name.  This awesome monster was created by one of my very creative coworkers, and so here's a comparison of my "attempt" at some sort of smiley face to the monster we have now!


Anyways, it was fun to have the class be all about it, and we even got 4 complements from teachers because of our great lines in the hallways!  So a story that had the whole class giggling from was a student who had something to say...We just went through some rules and how rule number 2 is "Raise your hand for permission to speak" if that rule is not followed, then I would then call out "rule number 2!" and the class would say the rule and interrupt the interrupting student.  Soo that happened, and after that, I wanted to still call that student, so I call out his name and raised my hand to remind him to raise his hand, he then started to try saying the rule so I said "no not the rule..." then gestured to my hand to communicate he needs to raise his hand...He then look super confused and almost started talking again, so I said "no raise your hand!"  So he did, and then I told him "thank you for raising you hand what did you want to say?"  He thought about it, then said "I forgot..."  I pretty much lost it in laugher...We shared a lot of great memories and I am super happy and excited for my class!  At the end of the day, however....I am exhausted!  It is a lot of work to be a teacher, but I couldn't imagine doing another job that isn't working with young people!  
Tiring but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment