Sunday, September 13, 2015

Thunderstorm & Story

The Storm:

So we had a "once in four years" big thunder storm.  It was pretty cool.  It is similar to a Minnesota thunderstorm, except the land is not prepared for the amount of water to be dropped on the streets, so there is a lot of flooding.  I'd like to say I coined a phrase (I'm sure someone else already has though...)  But after the storm Yuma was the "Land of 10,000 puddles!"  It's funny because Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes and so I just changed the place and size of the body of water...Get it?

So that was a fun experience.  I got soaked coming back from work and had a though...Other people will be experiencing the same panic / getting soaked as I did...So I decided to stoop out on my porch and watch others running in the rain.  I happen to be on a corner and so there was this couple that essentially thought it was just them and so they were saying things that I don't want to repeat on the internet (in the @&#$%#^$ variety) and running through the rain.  They were surprised that I was out, listening to them.  They apologized and I told them I understood their frustrations, as I experienced it just 10 minutes before them.  Anyways.  It was great to have weather in the 80s.  That phrase is one I never thought would come out of my mouth (or fingers).


Elf on the Shelf:

So one of my students randomly brought up Christmas and another one chimed in about Elf on the Shelf (an elf that moves around based on parents changing it in the night to make it look like a sneaky nocturnal elf that is alive but only moves when the child is sleeping.)  But she told me how she had a sneaky and "silly" elf on the shelf.  His name was Elvis and she said "Mr. Klemme, one time my Elf on the Shelf moved into the sink with one of my Barbies.  The barbie didn't have any clothes on.  He's silly."  I needed to keep composed at school, but it took all of my effort to do so.  It was a hilariously random story to be told in September.  

No comments:

Post a Comment