Friday, November 20, 2015

The looong weekend!

So this marks the last day of school for a bit.  We have the whole week off of school.  Super thankful for that!  I am packing up things and getting ready for the voyage back home!  It should be a pretty great time, so if your in MN and wish to hang, please let me know!  Looking forward to sharing stories, seeing family, and another thing too!  

Test day:

Today was a bunch of tests. Math, reading, and an intervention test.  We worked a lot on tests.  One of my students had no motivation and was being really...uncooperative for the reading test.  He took forever, and I had warned him that recess time would be used if he did not finish it up.  He still took his time and wondered around the room, and just wasted his time.  Behold, he had to skip recess to finish up the test.  He then proceeded to rush through half of the test he didn't finish in our whole hour and half reading block, but he finally finished.  The end of the day came, and I readied my grading pen.  I truly think highly of my kids and usually hope all will do well....That said, I thought he was going to do bad, and I was ready for giving him a speech about why we don't rush, why we use our time wisely, how we have to be mature and serious about our tests, otherwise we will get poor grades....95% for the kid who was at first distracted then rushed through. Well played sir, I guess no teachable moment here. 

 I need the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment